Friday, January 23, 2015

Well Wednesday marked the official ending to the green smoothie diet that I have been doing. I will say that I have carried it out through the end of this week because to me it really isn't all that tough. I probably will incorporate the green smoothies into an every day thing. I think they are the perfect breakfast for me. You can make them ahead, refrigerate them, and grab & go. The smoothies also work nicely for me during my lunch break, I take lunch at 11 so I'm not usually all that hungry, the green smoothies give me some good nutrients and I think they are filling. In the evenings, I'll probably stick to a healthy meal from here on out. Of course I'm sure I'll have an occasional "crap" meal or cocktail, but I'm hoping these two things are few and far between. Along with the smoothie detox I have been reading a lot about healthy stuff. I purchased a few books and have more recipe books and organic supplements coming my way in the mail. I also got a few workout dvds on amazon because they are so cheap and I am planning to start those as well. I am definitely taking a different approach this year, usually I eat crap and run a lot. This year I'm doing different types of exercise and attempting to eat organic, all natural foods. Of course this is all new so I'm still learning. I haven't had bread or dairy in 13 days. Kind of crazy for me. Honestly, I know these green smoothies look gross, but they are definitely not how they taste, they taste so good to me. I mean if you like fresh fruit, you'll love them. You can't really taste the kale, spinach or spring mix greens.  I just made out my workout plan for the next month and it's completely different than it's ever been. My hopes are to workout out 5-6 times a week. I will be doing stationary bike one night, a boxing bag workout one night, a 2-3 mile run one night, quick cardio burn class one day and yoga twice a week. I'm excited to try new things, I used to be scared of classes because I have horrible balance and I'm clumsy,but this year I just wanted to take on the challenge and overcome the fear of embarrassment. Oh yeah, so far I've lost 12 lbs. Go me! I've got a lot more work to do, but I plan on changing it up a lot this year, in March I plan to do a bootcamp and take regular yoga classes. I think for the first time I'm approaching this thing the right way, so I'm excited to see what I get out of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment