Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Asian Grilled Chicken Salad


Asian Grilled Chicken Salad

Ingredients: ¼ cup pineapple juice, 1 tbsp of soy sauce ( I use the low sodium kind), 1 tsp of brown sugar (I substituted with truvia) , 1 clove garlic, finely chopped, 2 (8 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1 package of Asian Island Crunch salad kit.

(the recipe also calls for bell pepper and onion but I don’t like either so I skip those)

Directions:

1)       Combine pineapple juice, soy sauce, sugar and garlic with 1 tbsp of the provided sesame ginger dressing (comes with the salad kit) in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.

2)       Heat the grill to grill chicken or grill in a pan on stove. (I usually prepare all my chicken on    Sundays or Monday so that part is out of the way, otherwise I have to wait until my chicken is done, and when I’m starving, it simply just takes way too long)

3)       Baste chicken with pineapple sauce mixture.

4)       Slice chicken into strips. Place salad blend in a large bowl with all of the provided ingredients in the salad kit and toss the salad with the remaining dressing.

5)       Place the chicken strips on top of the salad & Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment